Monday, June 29, 2015

PDX Commuter: Week 4

tram, trolley, bikes...take your pick

Sunday, June 21: Father's Day
Long run w/tempo finish (103min, 13.5mi, 7:38 pace) - Parked at the office and took the waterfront trail down across Sellwood Bridge and back up the east side of the river to the Broadway Bridge and back to Duniway Track. I cranked out a mile on the track at marathon pace (MP, 6:42 pace) and then did an easy half mile back to the car. I needed a run at a consistently faster pace just to test things out. I'm happy with my effort and the pace I maintained, but I was definitely feeling it towards the end. It was a good choice to end it with a mile on the track, which was not planned, but may have to become part of the routine when running from work. Good way to start off Father's Day. (1500s)

A common lunch spot for me

Lunch spot, south waterfront condos

Monday, June 22:
AM ride (21min, 5.3mi)

PM ride (46min, 10.3mi) - Did two sets of pull-ups at Duniway and then set off to the top of Fairmount with one full loop around the top. Route: Terwilliger, Westwood Dr, Westwood View, Mitchell, Fairmount. Took me 23 minutes of climbing to go from Duniway to Fairmount. First time I've gone all the way to the top this way (PB). 

Tuesday, June 23:
AM run (35min, 4.7mi, 7:34 pace) - New NB Zante shoes, love them
*Yoga (60min)
PM interval run (63min, ~7.5mi) 8 x 90sec (84-86 400m) w/60sec walk/jog @ Wilson track - It was hot outside and I did this workout after running uphill 3.5 miles to get to the track. Overall, I was pleased with my effort. (Zante)

Wednesday, June 24:
Trail run (59min, ~5.7mi) - Trail run (59min, ~5.7mi) - Tryon Creek State Park and River View Natural Area linked up in one huge climbing adventure with Colin on entirely new trails all within a few miles of our homes and work. River View's trail network was basically created and maintained by mountain bikers, and recently they were prohibited from riding in there anymore. The trails are raw and complete with several banked turns, which makes ripping down the west side of the forest to the river even more fun. We didn't another soul the entire time we were traipsing through the park. It was awesome. I think in the future we'll link up a few areas by parking down by the river and heading to Council Crest via Tryon Creek and Marshall Park. That would be an epic slog though. (K4) *See map of area below



Thursday, June 25:
AM run (37min, 4.8mi, 7:41 pace) - Felt a little tired this morning. (Zante)

PM ride home (25min, 5.3mi) - standard route home, Terwilliger & Cheltenham

Friday, June 26:
AM ride (17min, 4.2mi)

PM ride (54min, 11.4mi) Duniway to Fairmount (23:45) to Council Crest (5min) - 23:45 climb, 3min rest, 5min climb, 20min home
*pull-ups(x2)

Weekly Totals:
- 460 total minutes
- 297 minutes run (5)
- 163 minutes bike
Happy I bumped up the minutes run this week and that I got in a speed workout. The run commute to work also went well.




No comments:

Post a Comment