Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Love Sweet Potatoes?


We love roasted veg in our household. They're quick, easy, healthy, hands free, and our girls love to eat them. A staple in our roasted veg repertoire is the sweet potato or yam. One way to take the roasted sweet potato to the next level is to create a simple white miso (also called soybean paste) dipping sauce. It's so simple it can be made in less than three minutes while the veg is roasting.

Here's how:
1. Mince one or two green onion
2. Mince some ginger (thumb size perhaps)
3. Melt 1-2 tablespoons of butter in a cup or small bowl
4. Mix in about an equal amount of miso paste 
5. Mix in onion and ginger
6. Dip your sweet potato wedges and enjoy with delight

I swear by this sauce. I love it so much I usually eat any leftovers with a spoon.

*Recipe courtesy of my lovely wife.
**I have learned since my original post that the brand and/or quality of miso matters. We just got a new brand and it's too salty.

No comments:

Post a Comment