Tuesday, August 4, 2015

PDX Marathon: Week 9

Sunday, July 26:
Long run (148min, 18mi) - This was easily one of the worst runs of my life. I wasn't too into it to begin with, and then about an hour in I had to deal with some serious GI issues that forced me to stop on several occasions and hit a restroom three separate times. I would've stopped even more if there had been more available potty stops. It was bad. The only thing I got out of this run was time on my feet and a mental boost that I battled through a difficult situation. Not good. (Zante)

Monday, July 27:
AM ride (20min, 5mi)
PM ride home (46min, 10mi) - Took it up to Fairmount today after work. Technically, this was an "off" day from running, but I did get a nice climb in on the bike. Took me 23 minutes and change to get up to Fairmount, which is close to my FKT for this route.

Tuesday, July 28:
AM run to work (38min, 4.8mi) 
*Yoga (60min)
PM tempo run home (45min, 6.2mi, 7:16 pace) - I pushed the pace pretty good on the uphills via Terwilliger and up passed Wilson High School on my route home. I think it worked out to 20 minutes of fairly hard uphill running and a steady pace on the flats. Loving the tempo runs right now. Plan to do another on Friday. (Zante)

Wednesday, July 29:
Hilly trail run (  ) - Pretty standard, however I was running in the new North Face TR II hybrid trail/road shoe so I had moments where I picked up the pace. It was nice to have the extra grip of the trail tread, but I think I've grown accustom to the responsiveness of the lighter, more race oriented shoes on the trail over the past couple months. The TR II will definitely have a prominent place in my rotation, but for now I'll give them a 7 out of 10. (TR II)

Thursday, July 30:
Easy maintenance run (46min, 5.7mi) - Very chill out and back from work along the river. (Zante)

Friday, July 31:
Tempo run (71min, 10mi) 2mi easy, 7mi tempo, 1mi easy - I ran early from work before the heat got debilitating and pretty much nailed this run. My splits for the tempo portion were between 6:20-6:38 per mile, which is right where I want to be for this type of run. There were moments where it hurt, but overall I felt very much in control. Easily the best confidence boosting run I've had this training block. (Zante)

Delicious

Rewarded myself for a solid week of running with this little gem I stumbled across from Ecliptic Brewing right here in Portland. Previously unknown brewery to me, but flavorful farmhouse style Saisons have recently become a favorite of mine. The rhubarb this little guy is brewed with gives the beer a stylish pink hue, adds to the beer's overall fruity tone, and provides tartness to balance out the beer's bitter notes. It's delicious and at 5% ABV, a perfect summertime beer. 

Weekly Totals:
- 535 minutes total
- 409 minutes run (6)
- 66 minutes bike
- 60 minutes yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment